I want to introduce you to my favorite sweet snack that is totally healthy, yet tastes sinful.
Cake in a Mug
For those nights when you have a killer chocolate craving but you still have goals. 😉
With just a few ingredients, you can make a single indulgent serving of chocolate cake, packed with over 20 grams of protein and around 400 calories. Or leave off the sweet toppings and enjoy it plain for only 200 calories and 19 grams of protein.
Either way, you need to make this and then come back here and tell me how it satisfied the spot!
It’s so simple to put together and only takes about 2-3 minutes until you’re digging in.
Pour one scoop of Complete (or a full single serving packet) into a mug.
Add 1 tbsp of cocoa powder.
Add 1 tbsp of all purpose flour.
Then 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
Separate an egg and add the egg white to the mug.
Mix in 1/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk.
This is optional but I like to add 1/2 tsp of monkfruit sweetener.
Mix well and microwave for 1 minute and 20 seconds.
If you don’t want it to be fudgy in the middle, you can keep microwaving for another 30 seconds. But I love the soft center – it reminds me of molten lava cake!
Completely healthy and kid approved!
Yields 1 cake
A perfectly sized dessert that packs a protein punch!
2 minPrep Time
2 minCook Time
4 minTotal Time
- 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder (I used Juice Plus Complete)
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg white
- 1 packet Monk Fruit Sweetener (or stevia)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- In a microwaveable mug, mix together all of the mug cake ingredients.
- Microwave for 1 minute and 20 seconds. The cake should start to pull away from the sides of the mug but it may be fudgy on the very top.
- Top with Nutella and whipped cream for extra indulgence.
200 calories, 30g carbs, 2g fat, 19 g protein (mug cake) 398 calories, 45g carbs, 19g fat, 21g protein (cake with toppings)