This soup started my love affair with lentils way back in 2007.
I’ve been holding onto this little booklet of recipes just for this one soup recipe. The pages are wrinkly and discolored and yet, I’ve packed it with every move for over 10 years. 🙂
I’m sharing it with all of you because it’s easy, healthy and I don’t want to lose the recipe. 😉
15 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup chopped onion (I use frozen onions!)
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cans (19 oz each) Progresso Vegetable Classics lentil soup
- 1 1/2 cup frozen cut green beans
- 2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- In 3-quart saucepan, heat sweet potatoes, onion, apple juice and water to boiling over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover; cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in soup, beans, chicken and curry powder. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover; simmer 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender.
Adapted from The Best Life Diet Special Edition - thebestlife.com
The nutrition info on the recipe page is out of whack and I have no idea how they determine those numbers. 😉 Here is the corrected info:
1 serving – 346g